Apr 29, 2011

 "love isn't an act. its a whole life.
its staying with her now because she needs you;
its knowing you and her will still care about each other when butterflies and daydreams, fights and futures,
when all that's on the shelf and done with.
love.. i'll tell you what love is: 
it's you at seventy-five and her at seventy-one, 
each of you listening for the others step in the next room, each afraid that a sudden silence, a sudden cry, 
could mean a lifetimes talk is over." -Brian Moore

Just in case anyone is confused...we aren't married yet. Jon was with me at my bridals, and we did some groomals with him. He looked simply smashing in his grey Australian suit. 
Last night we celebrated our last date night as a non-married couple {since I won't be up in Logan next Wednesday night.}We went to Hamilton's, THE best steak house up here. Thank you SE Needham's Jewelers for the $25 coupon. We only ended up spending $35 on steak, ribs, an appetizer, dessert and flavored lemonades! {still up there, but it was SO good!}
Another member of the "friend group" returned home from an honorable mission on Tuesday. Welcome home, Jord! It has been a long, yet quick, 2 years. Jon and I are so glad Jord can be at the wedding as one of the best-men. :)
So I don't really know what to write about, unless I want to go on and on about my day to day craziness of a life. School, work, wedding, activities committee, summer school plans, packing, moving, a dwindling bank account, Tj Maxxers probably hating me, eating too much, new found blogs I love, and so on. I could go on forever. But instead I'll end with this thought I had on Wednesday:
I was headed for the drinking fountain on the way to my sewing class {which I hate now. which we ALL hate now. anyway.} When I was 7 feet (maybe) away from the fountain of agua, a man went to get a drink. I suddenly  lost my desire to utilize that fountain, as his hygiene seemed just a little poor and he kind of creeped me out. After those not-so-kind thoughts went through my shallow brain, I said to myself (figuratively) "Ashley, you are just SO judgmental!" Then I felt obligated to drink out of that fountain, even though my moment of dehydration had passed. What did I do? Kept walking to class.
Maybe I'll drink out of it tomorrow.
This weekend will be a very special one :) 



Night, Lovers!

1 comment:

Jill and Jett said...

Ash, I LOVE your dress/shoes/flowers EVERYTHING!! I can't wait to see you guys at the wedding! You two are sooo cute together! :)