Apr 3, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Wait a minute...Christmas was more than 3 months ago! I should NOT be singing this song, though true, when it's supposed to be Spring. I woke up to snow :( All I know is if it doesn't clear out and become beautimous before May 7th, we're gonna have a Bridezilla up in here! :) haha.
Conference was this weekend, don't you love conference? What blows my mind is how dang FAST the past 6 months have gone by. What's even crazier is to think about all that has happened in that time. I swear I almost feel like a different person. Walking on campus I sure feel like I'm different. I won't explain why, but it's a weird feeling.
I missed a lot of conference for work, but something I grabbed out of a few of the talks was that we must continually strive to be better. I often find myself feeling like I'm not good enough or wondering what I did to deserve this life that I have. I question it a lot, actually, wondering why I am continually feeling not-good-enough. And seriously after all that has gone on in my life, especially these past 10 months, why am I blessed with a man who loves me more than anything else... A family and future in-laws who would do anything for me and think I'm so special... I don't feel like I am. I just feel like your average girl, who is 21 but still feels like she should be in high school, going along day-to-day living a normal/crazy life. I think I need a reality check.
So here I am, rambling on {and probably making zero sense} to you fellow bloggers, asking all these things...totally oblivious to the fact that all these good things in my life are what we like to call BLESSINGS. All I have to say is Heavenly Father knows each of us and He knows what we need, what challenges we need to go through in order to become the people we need to be. We're given challenges to see if we pass the test. I guess I passed the test somewhere along the road because I'm quite certain Jon is the biggest blessing in my life.
I know he will help me be a better person. Always.
I know how much the gospel means to him and how important it will be in our lives.
I know he'll be the best dad ever.
I know he will take care of me and our family.
I know he'll choose a career that fits him and that he will be so successful in whatever he does.
I know we'll be best friends forever.
I know we'll have hard times, many probably, but I can't imagine anybody else who I'd rather go through these challenges with. And we will get through them.
I know he'll be super mushy and lovey our entire lives.  And I can handle that.
I know he'll never lie to me.
And most importantly... I know he'll never abandon me. Which has always been my greatest fear.
Oh the high school days.
 So yes, I love him. I am so lucky and grateful to have him. After times of confusion and heart-ache and more confusion, I know this is right. I am where I need to be at this time of my life, and I must strive to be better.
Always.
And to all my family and friends out there, thank you for being such a wonderful part of my life. You make me feel like a princess {figuratively} with your kindness and thoughtfulness. I am so blessed. 
Okay... I'll stop now. 
If you weren't able to watch or listen to conference, the church is awesome. They are the bomb.com. Check out the church website. And I'm pretty sure it'll be published super fast, and the talks will be online this Thursday. Holla'! Oh and since when could we watch it LIVE on the internet? Coolest thing EVER.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love you smash! Jon is so lucky to have YOU. :-)