Apr 5, 2011

Getting worked on by a cute guy

So I was at work today. The end.
Just kidding. I was at work at the dental office, sitting at the desk waiting for patients to check out/call/anything. One patient came up after getting her cleaning/examination and was explaining how she just needed to get her teeth done, and FAST. I asked if she was in pain or something, and she said no. I was confused. She went on to explain that her teeth look awful and she's just so embarrassed. Especially because she has a cute guy working on her teeth. I laughed and said, "Oh you think Dr. Gordon is cute?" She said, "Well sure, but I'm talking about the hygiene assistant."
I wasn't sure what to say next...do I tell her 'that is MY man and you betta' not be layin' yo' eyes on him!' (that's my version of a powerful black woman doing her thing). Or do I just let her go and be super excited to see this attractive blond with blue eyes {dreamy, I know} at her next appointment?
When I decided not to make her feel silly, the words just came out. "That's my fiance. Haha." (Haha like...haha I can't believe I just admitted this to you) Yeah, smooth Ash. Real smooth.
She acted awkward. I acted awkward. WE acted awkward. I scheduled her appointment, told her the chunk of money she'd need to pay, felt even more awkward, received a "congratulations, I guess" from her...and she was on her way.
Maybe next time I'll just tape my mouth shut and let the lonely ladies check out my man.

6 comments:

Emily said...

HAHAHAHA that is freaking hilarious! That's right you better tell her to back off your man! i haven't laughed out loud at the computer in a while, thank you for making my day with your story

Whitney Stewart said...

Seriously. I just laughed at like the last two of your posts. Super funny Ash :)

Heidi said...

Yeah right, claim your ground!

Kelsey Cole said...

that so funny! I think I would have said the same thing... i loved your interpretation of the inner black woman:)

Stacie said...

Lol- that's funny. I wish engaged guys wore a ring or something so all the ladies knew they were taken.

ChanFlitton said...

hahahaha seriously SO funny ash!! you put that girl in her place :) Great interpretation, might i add.