Apr 21, 2011

I am. Cereal.

Almost 3 years ago Jon and I were saying one of our last goodbyes before I headed up to become an Aggie. At this time he was preparing for his mission and we were trying to "tone it down" so it wouldn't be so hard when he left. {don't get me wrong, it was probably the hardest thing I've experienced thus far...but I can't imagine how much HARDER it would have been if we hadn't gotten ourselves ready for it in advance.} Anyway, as we were saying goodbye, I told him "maybe you shouldn't call me Love anymore." As I heard myself say this I got really sad. Love. That's what he called me. His Love. So being the super creative {not!} people we always are, we decided to call each other our favorite cereal. Okay, I'm sure you're thinking 'what the freak, you guys?' right? My favorite at the time was Captain Crunch and his was Lucky Charms. He was now Captain and I, Lucky. They have stuck to this day. Countless letters from my missionary in Australia would read "Have a wonderful week, Lucky" or "You are my Lucky star". 
Well I think my nickname is very fitting. I couldn't be more Lucky and blessed. I am going to spend the rest of eternity with my Captain. 
16 days until I marry my best friend.

4 comments:

Whitney Stewart said...

I think thats so cute Ash. :)

Heidi said...

Don't know why you're having a tough time finding names to call each other...you already have them!

Aubrey said...

You two are so cute. I don't think Cheerios or Special K would be good nicknames for me. :)

Hillary said...

this is so cute it makes me sick.