Nov 18, 2010

just.some.thoughts.

Ready for some word vomit?

   I’ve had some experiences lately that have made me think quite a bit about “the bigger picture”. I don’t really know where to begin. LIFE IS HARD. I think we can all agree to that. It is so easy to complain, just to get it off your chest. But is that right? Or are we supposed to just hold it all in until the frustration passes? Talking to a friend about it, I realized I need to change in order to not have anything TO complain about. Seems impossible, right?.. Once again, life is hard. Something that I’m going to work on is truly looking at everyone as a brother or sister, a child of God. What hardships could they be going through that I don’t even know? What can I do to help make life just a little bit easier for that person? Another is finding things to look forward to…goals. This will help keep me busy on top of everything and prevent my mind from wanting to turn lazy. And when that goal is accomplished I’m HAPPY

   It is so easy to get bogged down or overwhelmed by all that life throws at you…for me at least. I want to be more positive about it…look at it and ask, “Hey Life, what else do ya have for me?” In a positive tone of course :). As I get older (because I’m SO old ;)) I realize that everything really does happen for a reason. We are here to be tested. Are we capable of getting through our trials to make it back to our Heavenly Father? Am I strong enough to rely 100% on Him? Do I have enough faith to push through the hard days, knowing it will all be okay?      

   Yes. I think so. 

   Life is hard. But it is so beautiful. Rather than closing off when it gets too hard, why not stay awake and remember what you can of the good moments in life? 

   I’m excited for what the future holds. It just keeps getting better and better! 


4 comments:

Nick and Brittany said...

I too need to work on this. You are such a positive thinker though!!! I really look up to you when you tell me you try to not pass judgement on people or that it is so much easier to be nicer to someone than mean. You truly are such a wonderful person inside and out!!!

(Sorry that you are the person I go to to complain! I'll work on it!!! )

Heidi said...

Thanks for sharing this! We all definitely need to change the way we look at life and be more like you! ;-)

ashnicole said...

More like me...HAHA, no no. I need to be more positive! Love you both, I have the best sisters!

DeeDee's Diary said...

We have the BEST family, and you make it wonderful!
Life is beautiful ... and it just keeps getting better. Love you!