Nov 26, 2010

(Kind of)Twins

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (yesterday) to my sister, Heidi! 

Heidi is almost exactly 2 months younger than I am. We have grown up together since age 10, in fifth grade. We are so different yet so much alike, I love it! 

 
Heidi is one of the smartest, most spiritual, happiest ladies I know. She has always been a huge example to me. She is graduating from BYU-Idaho as a Nurse in less than a month...HOLY COW! (Are we that old?) No, Heid is just dang smart and knew what she was doing from day one and kept her head in the game, unlike some of us. Or me. I'm pretty jealous if you couldn't tell.

Our unintentional matching swimsuits :)

Heidi got married in May to her lover boy, Ty. They are so much fun to be around, but TOO much time with them just makes me want to get married myself! Good thing they live in Idaho ;)


 
I have so many great memories with Heidi. The first time I met her we went to church and wore the funniest clothes and hairstyles. Hilariously awkward late-nighters, sometimes with a friend sleeping over (haha). Lake Powell Trips, skinny dipping...shh, don't judge. Birthday concerts full of Celine Dion and Faith Hill. Being asked if we were twins for years after we decided to wear the exact same outfit on our first day at a new school. Senior trip to Cali! Parmesan Chicken. Caramel Popcorn. French Toast. Her banana cookies. Well, I guess I like food (?) 



Heidi I am so grateful to have you as a sister. Pretty sure YOU should be the older one! Thank you for all of your advice, you are so wise. I'm so lucky to have you in my life.


I was always slightly jealous of all the twins in the world. Guess what, we're kind of twins :)  
Envy us. 


Love you Heid! 

4 comments:

Danielle Ycmat said...

Such a cute post, Ash! I feel so lucky to have grown up with both of you. Happy birthday to Heidi! :)

DeeDee's Diary said...

Your father and I were very touched by your comments. The pic's you posted brought back many happy memories. We are proud of both of you and don't ever under estimate the influence you've had on your siblings as well.
Can you imagine how close you would be if we had allowed you to cut a door in your wall seperating your bedrooms (as you and Heidi wanted) so you could go from room to room without going in the hall? You two were funny little girls and now your all grown up and beautiful women ... and when you find the man that is "Ashley worthy" he will be a lucky man!!

Aubrey said...

You two are so cute and funny! I can't believe it was 10 years ago when we all became sisters. Heidi is a great example to all of us, and so are you Ash! (even to your older sisters)

Heidi said...

Ash, this was the nicest post ever. How thoughtful of you!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved seeing you over Thanksgiving and I miss you! Seriously, maybe you should go into journalism. Haha, change your major again! :-) I'll always be lucky to be called your twin. Love ya sis!