Apr 23, 2012

End of Chapter

I feel weird. Way weird.
Ever since I was sixteen years, nine months and ten days old I have been a
true Maxxinista.
aka: I've been employed at Tj Maxx.
HELLO, that was almost six years ago!
A few months ago a customer asked me how long I worked there.
My face went hot and I felt embarrassed to say 'almost six years.'
That's when I started to feel ready for a change.
I've had that feeling before, but not like that day.
Luckily changes were in the works for Jon and I!
We'll be leaving Logan in two weeks and only coming back to visit family.
{and hit up our favorite restaurants, of course}
I'm sure gonna miss the beautiful Cache Valley...
We're set to arrive in Texas on May 9th,
and we'll start working our little bums off the next day.
Three weeks later I'll be heading to California for some training,
then back to Utah to begin managing Yogurtland in Bountiful.
{opening day is planned for June 11th-ish. Get ready!!}
I'm so excited for this opportunity, thank you Josh, Amber and Jed!
Jon and I won't see each other for about 2 1/2 months other than a family reunion in July, and a possible quick-trip to Texas for me in August.
What a challenge it'll be!
SO anyone in Bountiful/Salt Lake, let's hang out :)
Change is good, right? I've learned so much working for the TJ's and
I'll be sad to say goodbye to my friends I have made...
but I'm happy these changes are positive.
This Thursday will be the end of a good chapter,
and the beginning to an even better one
:)

9 comments:

Sister Kamille Amy Clifford said...

yogurtland in bountiful!? what?? hey, july 3rd and i'll be home. there will definitely be hanging out involved. and probably ice cream.

ashnicole said...

Kamille that is the best news ever! Can't wait to see you!

Nick and Brittany said...

Can't wait to see you more!!! Yay!! Change is definitely good!

his little lady said...

hey, so excited for the next chapter in your life. i know what you mean, i was a nanny for five years. it was sad to leave! but it opens so many new doors :)
xo TJ

Jordan said...

Ash. So excited for you. :] Can't wait for some pool time with my ash.

Stacie said...

I had no idea that you are going to be a manager! Yogurtland seems awesome. Good luck these upcoming months! Miss you!

Kelsey Cole said...

I am in the same boat as you.... Covey is leaving for Portland to do summer sales, and I have to stay here in Provo for my work :( Anytime I'm in Bountiful I will definitely be available to hang out!

Jon with do amazing this summer! Texas is a fun place to be!

AndeeandDrew said...

Ashley, what part of Texas will y'all be in?? Everything sounds like fun in your love bird lives ;) ~cheers

Aubrey said...

Ash, you have such cool adventures coming up! You're going to be a great manager, and I'm sure the summer will fly by. I hope to come see you in Utah.