Apr 10, 2012

Cosmic Love

Once upon a time I was in seventh grade.
I was all about punk boys, messy buns, tight v-necks,
pink {yikes!}, skater shoes...and dreams of cheerleading.
After try-outs that year I was shocked to see my name on the list.
Monkey limbs, no coordination, a ghastly toe touch...
Maybe they liked my giant messy buns ;) 
Looking back to those years, I know I made it for a reason.
I needed a good friend.
Days after I entered my "glory years" (haha)
my parents told me they were going out of town. 
Which meant I needed to find a place to stay.
I didn't have any close friends that I thought my parents would trust me staying with for a week,
but I did have a good feeling about one girl that also made cheer.
We had known each other since sixth grade,
 had one science class together, 
but we were typical girls that had opinions about one another.
Anyway, I called her up...
"Hi Jamie, this is Ashley Christiansen. We had science together,
and I just saw you at cheer orientation...can I have a week long sleepover at your place?..."
I'm not sure what she was thinking on the other side of the line, 
but she was cool with it!
Long story short, we were instant best friends.
I prayed my parents would go out of town {not really} so I could 
have sleepovers at Jame's house on school nights! 
Through the years of jr high and high school we did basically everything together.
Cheer {you know that already, sorry}, office, dance co, choir, 
graduation {i'm soo funny}, and guess what? 
We came up to USU together.
and we're bff's married to bff's.
Holler.
Well Jame is on the university's dance companies, Full Circle and Velociti.
Tonight I got to watch her fourth and final concert, 
{she's graduating next month}
Jame, you are an amazing dancer, and friend to me!
I'll admit it, I shed a tear or two watching you tear up that stage.
Who knew we'd be here 11 years later?
Thanks for the week that was the beginning of something
 I'll always cherish. You've been there for me
no matter what stupid things I've done.
Love you add.dork.#1.
 Oh yes...
 Lovers
 She's still dancing!
 2008
Good job Jamester!

I think I'll go stretch for the first time in like 4 years.
I wanna move like Jagger!

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Best friends come into our lives in the most unexpected ways. Thanks for sharing your story together!

Hayley said...

I love this post Ash. And I miss you and Jame! Miss those good ol days. ;)