Mar 18, 2011

What bothers you?

Something that drives me crazy: when you smile at someone and they don't smile back. It's not necessarily because I need to be smiled at...I think it's because I am guilty of instantly thinking that person is mean or doesn't like me, even if they're a total stranger.
Yeah, I know, right? 
I'm a baby. 
So today we're finally taking our engagements-a week and a half later. Our photographer got the flu on the original day, then the rain came down for 24 hours on our make-up day. So here we are, Friday March 18th, it's windy with a 10% chance of rain. And NOBODY better get sick. Thanks :) haha
I'm grateful for this coming weekend. We have no major plans other than work {with some wedding planning in between of course}. The next 6 or 7 weekends (however many are left) following will be crazy. Full of showers, meetings, birthday parties, temple stuff, moving into our new place,wedding, etc. Oh and 3rd exams and finals are still approaching. Joy. 
Something else that bothers me: when my fingers swell up. I get a little indentation from my ring. It has become permanent and it looks funny. Nothing better than fat fingers ;)
So my advice- be a smile-backer. People like when you show your pearly whites, or even just curve your lips a little bit. 
Any advice on how to avoid swollen fingers? 

ps: I'm grateful these bothers won't kill me. 

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Watch your salt intake. You might be retaining water. That happens to my sister-in-law Kendra. She doesn't wear her ring because of it! I need to know dates for showers...asap! Miss you!

Kesley said...

I will always be a smile-backer for you ash lol

Melissa Smith said...

It might sound weird, but drink lots and lots of water!!! It will help flush any salt or toxins out of your system.

Emily said...

I texted jame and asked if i could help out at all with a shower and she never texted me back.. do you know whats going on with them?

Aubrey said...

This will probably sound totally cheesy, but a religion teacher at BYU told us once to smile and make eye contact with people, remembering that they are a special child of Heavenly Father. I started doing it and was surprised at how it really lit up a lot of people's eyes. You never know who is having a bad day and it sure makes me feel better when someone smiles at me.