Mar 28, 2011

CAUTION: LONG ENTRY

So today I was on campus for a good 9 hours. In those 9 hours I had to utilize the toilet one time. That one time I need the toilet I had a stooper of thought: Am I the only one who walks to the very end just so I'm not next to another person who might hear me? And I'm pretty sure 8/10 times I pick a stall that is clogged or the seat is dirty, proceed to a further stall, which is dirty 5/10 times...and so on. Thus wasting the precious minutes away.
I think I'd call that potty-stage-fright.
Another thing: Am I the only one who drives around the parking lot just to find the nearest, most convenient spot to park? If I would just be a little less lazy I would cut time down, get some exercise with those extra 12 steps, AND save gas! Yeah...what have I been thinking?
Random.
This weekend was fun :) On Friday I drove down to Bountiful for a bridal shower thrown for yours truly by my future  in-laws. It was a lot of fun and people are so kind and generous. FYI: the Feller girls are really crafty and cute...I need to work on that!
I stayed at my moms house for the weekend and it was really good to spend time with her, it's a rare occurrence. On Saturday Mom, Mr Feller and I went to Kaysville and ordered our wedding cake! It'll be so cute. And hopefully tasty. THEN we headed to Salt Lake for Little Miss Avery's 2nd birthday party. It was themed around Woody from Toy Story, he's basically Ave's boyfriend (she's obsessed.) THEN Mom took me shopping for some mother-daughter time. It was really good to spend even just an hour not planning the wedding. Just me and mom. She got me cute black flats and some make up. Mom. I'll try my best not to stink up these shoes right away :)
THEN she treated Mr Feller and I to dinner at the Red Iguana 2. I ordered a shredded pork enchilada. Sounds delicious, right? Yes. I asked  the waiter for zero spiciness. He must have thought that was a joke because my food was the spiciest on the table! Not funny sir. Jon was sweet enough to trade me dishes.
After dinner my date and I said our goodbyes to my mom then headed to his cousins wedding reception. It was really fun and the bride was beautiful. THEN we went to Jon and Emily's to play games with friends. I love going home, away from Logan. It kind of helps me put things into better perspective and just relax. I think it's because I'm not surrounded by a bunch of people that aren't the nicest and my family and friends are from anywhere but Logania. Logan is wonderful, sometimes it's just too small.
On Sunday I spent the morning with my mom, planning wedding once again. Then I headed to Aubrey's to hang out with her for a little bit. She just gave birth (2 weeks ago) to her second child, Noah Shaner. He is ADORABLE! Aubrey is so strong, she gave birth in her own home, not medicine or shots, nothin'. How empowering! She slept for a little bit while I was there, which I'm so glad because if I feel sleep deprived just from staying up past midnight having FUN (in most cases), she must be exhausted getting less than 4 hours of sleep each night.
Oh the joys of motherhood :)
Later on Sunday my mom came with me to dinner at the Feller's home. Roast beef, corn, green beans, potatoes, rolls...yum. More wedding planning occurred. Feeling a little overwhelmed. It was fun to have her there with me.
And now I'm back in Cache Valley. Lots of homework, upcoming tests, work everyday but today, places to go, people to see, things to do...yay.
I'm sorry this was long and picture-less. If you didn't read it, it is allllll good.
Stacie, I need to call you! And BEFORE it gets too late at night.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

As I was reading this post Kennedy came up, saw your pics, and said "Ashley!" Yay. I think she's finally getting you and Heidi differentiated. Thank you for coming to visit me (and for letting me sleep). Noah's wearing the socks you gave him right now. I'm so happy for you and the direction your life is going. You're going to make a beautiful bride. Love you!!!

Rachel Paben said...

Potty stage fright is TOTALLY REAL! I feel your pain! Love the dress in your header picture! Where did you get it?!

ashnicole said...

Rachel NASE! I was so happy when I saw this was you :) I got it Tj Maxx of course :) How are you??

Rachel Paben said...

Um hello! I am your newest stalker, I need to find you on FB ;) The good ol Maxx! Just fantabulous as always! So excited for you! He looks like a fabulous chunk o meat ;)

Stacie said...

It's hard to find a dish at the red iguana that isn't spicy. I love their food! My favorite dish is their seafood sampler and enchiladas. And yes, I would love you to call me! It's 2 hours later here. So unless you catch me when Lincoln is up during the night, you'll have to call around your dinnertime. Good luck with the wedding plans!