Mar 7, 2011

accomplishments

Jon+Ash= SUPER productive today. minus a few set backs you shall read about.
We woke up early this morning (if you consider 8 early. Please say you do) and headed South... From Logania. 
We stopped at the Layton hills mall {which DOMINATES the Logan mall by a long shot} and purchased 20 ties. Um yes, 20. This wedding is going to be a orange-yellow-aqua PARTY! 
After failing to find orange Vans for my fiance, we headed to the Centerville Target to register. Totally not planned, but I'm so glad we did it! It was funny to see what things each of us thought were necessary and things we didn't agree on wanting. It didn't take too much for one of us to go with the others choice though. 
After two hours of scanning, we headed to Joanns fabric and picked out fabric for the tables. The cuteness I have been seeing in my head has almost become a reality :)
Next: Dee dee met us (at Joannes) and we went to the infamous Jake's Over the Top and stuffed our faces (not really though). THEN, on to White Elegance. I found a temple dress =]
woo woo!
Later we tried to go to a skateshop (Surface) in Bountiful that is closed down apparently. Vans failure numero dos. 
SO we headed to the Gateway. Shopping at an outdoor mall in the pouring rain-turned snow flakes probably isn't the funnest thing I've done. But I don't know, maybe? 
Anyway. No orange Vans. In any of the 3 stores that carry Vans! Sad sad day. That equals 6 failed attempts at finding those needed shoes (including the frowned-upon day in Logan). 
Our next choice: turquoise. Too bad Journey's was the only store that had them in stock...in every size but Jon's! Wow. 
We headed to a skate shop that we found online in Salt Lake...about 15 blocks East of the Gateway. Guess what? It's out of business. 
I turned to Jon and said, "I'm really grateful we aren't angry people." He {sarcastically} replied, "Oh I am ticked!" Pretty sure I've never heard the word "ticked" come out of my boys mouth. Haha, good one, Jon. 
Onto the next destination: Bountiful! I dropped Fell off at Jon and Em's for Brady's bachelor partay. The turquoise Vans search will just have to be put on hold til tomorrow...which is when we need them. Whoever might be reading my ramblings right now, please cross yo' finga's that the Layton mall will not fail us once more. Gracias.
Well I think I'll go snuggle with my loyal friend, Manda, right now. She's cute and furry, and a chihuahua. 
Goodbye. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Wow, you got a lot done! I like the orange vans a lot. I can't believe you couldn't find any!

Heidi said...

What a productive day! Good luck with the vans!

Aubrey said...

Manda can make anyone feel better after a long day. You sure are getting a lot accomplished. I can't wait to see this wedding all put together. It's coming so soon!