Jan 12, 2011

That's a Wrap

So it looks like my "30 day challenge" turned into a bit more days than that, but I'm happy to say I'll be wrapping it up today :) it has been pretty fun, and great to have something simple to post about! First things first...
School has begun. Again.
This semester started off with some stressors. Last semester I was able to work full time because I was just taking 12 credits and was able to get all the hours in and still stay (almost) sane. 
Wellll I decided this semester I would take more credits, you know...be a legit college student and all. Turns out 2 of my required classes are FULL. I have been on the waiting lists for them for a while and talked to the professors who won't budge. "Sign up for it next Spring," they say. SO that will put me a year behind, which will make that 2 years of my total delay, since it took me a while to find the perfect major. 
I want to see if I can take them online, anyone know of good online schools, or school's that offer classes online? 
I'm trying not to let this get to me, it's just a bit frustrating.
Good thing is, Jon is here! Yay :) It has been so awesome having him here in frigid Logan. He's sick, I feel way bad. You need to hear his Australian accent, it's pretty cute.
I can't really explain how it feels to walk with him on campus...I've just been imagining it for 2 1/2 years. And now it is reality. He's my best friend and I just love him!

My favorite class this semester will definitely be Clothing Productions. My roomie Val and cousin Channy are in there too. We will be making PANTS and a blouse. And learning how to be a pro-sewer. Can't wait!
Can you guess how cold it is in Logan at the moment? 
1 degree. Wow. 4 minutes in that and you feel like your ears are going to fall off. Dare ya to try it.
My mom came to town last week for a quick visit. We went to dinner at Cafe Sabor, which you should try if you haven't already. 
Oh and I was babysitting Miss Ave a while ago. The second I turn my back to make some easy-mac, I hear a large kaboom. I turn around and guess what I see? My cute niece laying on the floor about to scream. She fell off the couch and hit her face on the base board. I hoped the red marks and scratches wouldn't become any worse...don't worry, they totally did. The best (and only good) part about it? Ave let me cradle her for about 30 minutes until she wasn't so shaken anymore. That's 29 minutes and 49 seconds longer than normal!
Poor baby girl! Hopefully she doesn't hold that against me, I MUST be her favorite!   

ALRIGHT, let us finish this thang. 

Day 29: 
a picture that always makes you smile...
Kung pow? 

Day 30: who are you?
Well I'm still figuring some things out about myself, but here's what I can come up with so far...
I am a girl/woman. I am gaining confidence. I am weak. I am strong. I am a daughter of God. I am a daughter of 3 wonderful parents. I am a sister, a cousin, a niece, a granddaughter. I am gullible. I am hopeful. I am sensitive. I love being in love. I am a full-blown Maxxinista. I try to be a helper. I am continually learning and growing. I am a [wanna-be] runner. I am a friend. I am caring. I am forgiving. I get hurt, and I'm sure I hurt others sometimes. I am a worrier. I love life and the struggles that come with it (after the fact, of course). I am a brownie-pro.
 I am Ash.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ash... you could do what my cousin had to do because she couldn't get into her class she needed she has one class at Weber and one at SLCC...both online. Hope that helps good luck!

Danielle Ycmat said...

Did you check out BYU Independent Study???

Love you.

Kelsey Cole said...

2 things: first - I second Danielle's suggestion, BYu independent study! and I can even sign you up because that is where i work while I am a busy little college gal.
Second - my heart just melted when you were talking about walking on campus with jon:)I know the feeling, it's the best ever. I love you two!

Aubrey said...

I love the description of who you are. I love Ash!!! I too love being in love. :) When can we talk?!? You look so cute in your pics. Miss you.

Sarah said...

ash i just think you're great. love you! you da you da best

Stacie said...

I can't believe two of the classes you need to take are full! That stinks! I don't understand why the professors won't let you in... after all you are an upper class-man. As far as colleges where you can take the class as an independent study, I would go in and talk with your major counselor. They will be able to tell you which colleges they accept the class transfer from to fulfill the same class that you need credit for. Then you could ask them how to go about getting enrolled in an independent study. I'm sure they would be willing to help! Good luck.

Chels said...

I like the part about you and Jon. You two are adorable. Life is good. :)

Heidi said...

I would just make sure that whatever you take will transfer. You and Jon should just come up to Idaho! Yep. That's a grand idea! ;-)

DeeDee's Diary said...

If you fail your sewing class you could always talk to Aubrey and become a Communications Major and/or Journalism AS YOU WRITE THE CUTEST BLOG STORIES!!!
Talk to your sisters about on-line classes ... they are all VERY WISE!
Also, thanks for saying you have three parents!! That made me feel all warm and fuzzy! I can't wait to tell your dad (he's long gone asleep) :)