Jan 28, 2011

So...I Sew.

``Wow this week flew by. Thank heavens!
Confession: I miss working a lot. Not necessarily full time, because that kind of got overwhelming. But now that I don't have a full time position, I am getting minimal, and I mean MINIMAL, hours. The first few months of the new year are always the slowest for the company, so payroll is really low and we all suffer. It's no fun.
Yeah sure, it's awesome just feeling like a student and having time to be somewhat of a normal person... But when Friday's roll around, it's painful. I literally have to save every penny. And I sort of miss the weekly routine. Now I just have a new class routine. MWF's are long days. T&TH's aren't too bad. Nevertheless, school is going well.

Anybody have some extra pennies?
Jon and I decided that we wanted to DATE each other, and not just "hang out" all the time. We thought it would be fun to try a new restaurant every once in a while, rather than the same 2 or 3 that we love. Have we done this yet? No. Okay, once. He took me to Tandori Oven for some Indian food. I have always had this idea that I hate Indian food. If you are like me and just decide to be picky...STOP IT. Right now. It's time to grow up people! Jk. But really, stop.

:)

Anyway, we have been spoiled by some of our family members on occasion. Nick and Britt took us to Texas Roadhouse (one of our loves) on New Years, and Burt treated us to the Olive Garden (totally a favorite) last Friday. Not to mention all the times I get to eat her delicacies at home! Thanks guys.
He dominated me at bowling. I'm pretty sure it's because he went when he was on his mission, or because he is stronger than me, or maybe he's just good..?
My sewing class is quite intense. Okay, it probably isn't, but it totally stresses me out. I sew something, don't like it, redo it, don't like it, redo it...this happens 3-7 times until I am content. Practice makes perfect, right? I'm really excited to become a pro (haha) so I can whip out my sewing machine I got for Christmas (thanks Dad and Dee Dee!) and make things. Lots of things :). As for the time I have to learn and practice, does anybody have some cool sewing-craft ideas that a rooky could do?

Sorry this post is turning into a novel.
On Tuesday, Margo (Jon's mom) came up to do some things. She took the group of us Loganites to dinner at Beehive grill (one of MY loves). Once again, treeeated. If you haven't been, go. I recommend the Caprice Italian Burger, it's divine.


No comments: