Jan 20, 2011

Prank'd

12:30(ish) am. Hannah: "Oh my! There are fish everywhere!" or something like that.
2 bathroom sinks and a tub FULL of goldfish. Wow, that's pretty nast if you ask me. 
Watching Jon scoop them all into a bowl broke my heart, as some of them got sucked down the shower drain.

"Do we flush them?" uh...no! That just seemed so inhumane.
A few handfuls of minutes later, I find a light bulb in the refrigerator...?
and Hannah's clothing in my closet.
Whoever prank'd us...good job (I guess). Next time I'd just stick with the fishies if I were you.
The roomies and I are starting to feel like maybe people have some ill feelings toward us. Let us recall last year, the roundhouse days. We were leafed. Hardcore leafed.

After using our window as a door for over a month, it was time to clean it up. 45 bags later we could act civilized again. 
Ok ok, maybe we are just easy to prank. We're never home.

Next subject.
I absolutely love institute. We have been talking about living by principle rather than circumstance. It has made me realize how blessed I am. Even when bad things come up, someone up there has been watching out for me. I have learned and can testify that if we rely on Heavenly Father with anything, pain, trial, or weakness, and not freak out and be irrational because of our circumstance..He will take care of us. We can only see the present and a glimpse of the past. He can see it all, past present future. He has a plan for us and if we live righteously and follow His promptings, acknowledging Him in all things, He will guide us the right way. 
I could not live in this world without Him.
If life just seems to get harder and harder, you must be doing something right! Satan wants to harm us all the time, he doesn't want to see us succeed. Don't give into his temptations, keep up the fight!
Anyway, institute is awesome. I wish I could take more than one class.
Some things I have discovered as of late:
Snowboarding gives you whiplash. Unless you are good. Okay, so snowboarding gives ME whiplash. 
I'm not good at sewing. Shoot. confidence.confidence.confidence.
I wish I didn't say some things that I did in the past. Oh well. 
Chemistry blows my MIND! I don't think I'll ever understand it.
Some people post funny & slightly personal things on youtube. 
I am not a youngen anymore..One of my youngest siblings, Paul, turned 16 last week. Where did my baby brother go? I can't wait for him to go to dances with some girlies!
Logan is a small town. Which means awkward situations or run-ins are bound to happen, or have begun happening. Oh joy. 
Puberty is crazy...amazing. (I'm in an adolescence class.)
I miss my family more this year than ever. Today is Stacie's birthday and she lives in Virginia.
I wish we could have a family dinner for you Stacie, 
Happy Birthday! 
You find out who your true friends are really fast, and it can be saddening.
I like being happy.
Well folks, I hope you are doing well. Never forget how beautiful life really is and it's never to late to change :)

ps. I had to say goodbye to the goldfish on Sunday. Only 10 out of the 75 (Val counted) were alive. Sad sad day. 

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Did you not feed the goldfish? Who in the world would ever do that to you?! The worst thing that ever happened to me when I was living in single housing was our couch cushions were gone one day when we got home. Perhaps you could try that one?

Danielle Ycmat said...

You have such a solid testimony, Ash. I've always admired you incredulously for that. I love you!!!

Stacie said...

I would have been so scared of the fish! I probably would never take a bath for fear that they would come back up the drain. I wish I could have celebrated my birthday with the whole fam too... nevertheless I had a great day!

Mac Daddy said...

Hiiiiii Ash!!!!

I love love love your blog! Miss you, hope all is well :)

Aubrey said...

That is a LOT of leaves! We had all of our bedding taken as a prank once. Not funny when you're really tired. You're such a good example to me. I love reading your blog cause it makes me feel uplifted. I miss taking institute classes. Soak it all in!