Jul 24, 2012

Well...

Hey. Hello. Hi. Hola. Howdy. Holler. Wassup.
 We had our grand opening on Saturday. Let me just tell ya, it was CRAZY. 
I was honestly shocked at how messy people were! 
What is it about "free yogurt and toppings" that makes people go psycho? 
The floor was trashed, the toppings were getting mixed, and people were grumpy. 
Managing a froyo joint...it's a hard life. 
JK I love it, I'm just happy that day is ova.

My Feller might be able to visit this weekend.
 I'm pretty upset that it's only Monday because that means I still have 4 days. 
I'm usually a ppp {pretty-patient-person} but not when it comes to getting my husband back. 
He needs to get here NOW!  
Or at least before I turn all free-froyo-psycho on ya'll. 

Did anyone else watch the Bachelorette?  
I did. Well I watched 3 of the last 4 episodes, but that was enough to make me fall for Jef.
Good thing the beautiful Emily chose him! 
My next goal in life is to make Jon dress like the Utahn stallion without making it too obvious. 
That boy has got some serious style!  
And  I know his hair is fantastic, but I guess I won't push it too far. Jon, you can keep your mane.

I went to my Grandpa's 80th birthday tonight.
It was like a little family reunion, I quite enjoyed seeing some of my cousins that I haven't seen in 11 years. Yes 11. I know it's ridiculous. 
Anyway, my grandpa is one gooood looking eighty year old! I surely hope I got his great genes, he doesn't look a day over 65 to me.  
I have so many fun memories with my grandpa. We used to live just across the creek from him and grandma so I was over there playing with my cousins ALL THE TIME. {My poor grandma, she probably hoped to be done raising kids at that point! We were little terrors.}
Just some of my favorite memories:
Playing giddy-up on grandpa's lap
Gramps helping me with math. I have loved math ever since he gave me some knowledge. 
Walking over each Sunday for church and {amazing} dinner
TONS of sleepovers 
Halloween parties, the haunted forest
Trips to Carl's Jr for the star nuggets
Riding the ATV's
 Looking through old photo albums
Putting on dances and plays with the cousins, I can't believe our grandparent's actually sat through all of them!
Ginger-ale and crackers when I was sick
Joseph and the Technicolor Dream Coat
Grandpa sharing his Dr Pepper with me because I somehow convinced him it helped me fall asleep :)
Telling them they weren't "old geezers" until they turned 80. {I think I'll change that to 90 now}
..and so many more. I definitely miss being a kid and Grandma and Grandpa's house, 
I'm so blessed to have had them as examples of hard work, love and faith. 
Happy birthday Gramps! 

I hope everyone is taking advantage of family time, especially after what has happened in Colorado this past week. 
I cannot stop thinking about it.
It makes me so grateful for each day I have to live with so many wonderful people in my life. 
Here's to hoping I stop taking things for granted.

ps. If you want to make a child's WORLD, do the spider on a swing with them.
You won't regret it.
 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha Carl's Jr..they sure loved that place and Joseph. holy smokes, we probably watched that every time we were there. He is a pretty great grandpa.

Stacie said...

I totally wish I could have made it to grandpa's birthday party!! One thing that surprised me when we first became a family was your awesome family get togethers! Grandpa and Grandma Christiansen sure know how to throw parties. I loved all the halloween ones. You have so many great memories of being with them! Remember to build those memories with your grandkiddos too... time passes too quickly to let opportunities go.

Heidi said...

Agreed, time passes way too quickly! I love your stories about work. Hope you get to see Jon this week!

Aubrey said...

I can just see the chaos ensuing in the yogurt shop with free toppings. People can be crazy! Sure do miss you.

ChanFlitton said...

oh gosh, our awesome shows that we would put on! we were rockstars! even beyond our Dandelions days.. haha. and our afternoons on the trampoline drinking crystal light lemonade! such fun times at grandma and grandpa's! we are so lucky.

John Smith said...

Crazy
Buy Dianabol UK