Mar 15, 2012

Our Vacation

We stayed at an all inclusive resort in Cancun.
All you can eat, drink, swim, sun-bathe, play, etc.
Awesome, right? Yes.

This is our hotel room. 
King size bed. Couch. Tv. Mini-Fridge. Ocean View.
Need I say more?

Our walk to and from our room was an adventure in itself!

 Are you a reptile lover?

We all spent a lot of time on the beach.
Reading, talking, napping, playing catch and volleyball.

 I'd be okay with a beach as a back yard...
We ate.
and ate.
and ate.
The resort had lots of different restaurants.
Mexican. American. Japanese. Italian. a cafe. Seafood. 
and a buffet that was always switching it up!
The ice cream was one of my personal favorites. 
I probably had 17 cones. at least.
Italian
Japanese
Japanese. again. {our favorite}

Some of us took some really awesome action shots...
See for yourself :) :
 We are weird.
and SO fun to be around!
;)
 Jon and Dave got in a little fight...
 Jon's smile after the punch...haha!

A few of us got pretty sick, if you know what I mean. 
Let's just say I had to go to the bathroom about every 15 minutes. 
We couldn't figure out how we got it...
because we had eaten totally different things that morning.
and I thought I was being careful!
2 weeks later, I was back to normal! :)
We were able to go to church in the city.
It was a cool experience not understanding anything anyone was saying
other than "hermanos y hermanas"
But the spirit was totally there, I loved it.
 On our way to la iglesia
On the fourth day of our trip we took an excursion to 
Chichen Itza and Ik Balam
We went with the group, Mormon Encounters.
Our tour guide, Carlos, was so awesome!
He was able to tie each site back to the Book of Mormon. SO cool.
The day we went was when the nastiness hit me the hardest,
so I had quite a hard time paying much attention to what Carlos was saying.
But I did take some pictures ;)
 Cichen Itza
Balam

In between the two places, we visited an awesome
Cenote
It was so beautiful! And oh-so refreshing!
We all got to be cliff jumpers for a minute

If you ever go to Cancun and want to go on an awesome tour, 
check out Mormon Encounters. 
Carlos was so great! He really knew his stuff.

 Thanks, Carlos!

I thoroughly enjoyed being on vaca 
with the one I love most :)
 A HUMONGOUS thank you
to Jack and Margo for making this amazing trip possible!
We had so much fun spending time with everyone,
this was such an unforgettable experience.
We love you guys!
 That's one good lookin' group!




2 comments:

Nick and Brittany said...

Jon's smile after the punch is PRICELESS!! Your trip looks fun. And you look amazing for having food poisoning. You're a trooper!!!

j.lee said...

This looked incredible! One day we'll all take an awesome trip...When we're rich and famous.