Jan 10, 2012

Be Clean

So remember my goal of completing P90X? Well...I've already quit.
More like paused.
Jon and I are doing a 21 day cleanse. Have you ever cleansed before? Wowzers.
It's a strict "diet" in a way, where we are taking out all of our normal things we eat and going quite healthy.
The meals are actually quite delicious, they're just really short lived. 
Today is day two. and I'm craving just about everything imaginable.
{a bit dramatic}
I'm really excited for the end results! I haven't had a headache at all in the past two days, which I normally have them daily. I've cut out caffeine, and really every drink but water, so I'm quite shocked to find out that my headaches weren't necessarily caused by the caffeine.

Here's what a typical day looks like:
Breakfast- mango and pineapple smoothie
Snack- water {for real?}
Lunch- grilled chicken and veggies {there are lots of dishes to choose from, we liked this one a lot}
Snack- water {i need a cooooke!}
Dinner- peach and pineapple smoothie

According to the book this cleanse came from, we're supposed to get massages a few times a week, take special supplements, get your colon flushed out weekly {ouch!}, and more.
Sounds like a cleanse for wealthy people... so we're just going with the food options. which is great!
So far I haven't had headaches {like I said before}, I have more energy {I'm usually ready for a nap by 2}, my hair looks fuller {probably just a good hair day...}, and I'm learning to like {really cold} water.
Lots of people are joining the cleanse bandwagon, so if you're interested check out the book called...
Clean: The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body's Natural Ability to Heal Itself.
By Alejandro Junger

19 days to go. Let's do this. For reals this time. Then I'll get back to P90X ;)
I'll be back to update on our progress and results. 
ps. Thanks Gordon's for letting us join you on this adventure!

5 comments:

Chels said...

21 days is such a long time! Keep us updated on how your feeling. I've been wanting to do a cleanse, maybe I'll try this one for a week to test it out. :)

Aubrey said...

I'm going to check that out. I've cleansed my body before and it feels fantastic. Hard, seriously hard, but worth it. Good luck!

Emily said...

Good for you guys! I would love to do something like this after the baby comes of course but I have heard really good things about cleanses so you will have to keep updated on how you like it/feel!

Nick and Brittany said...

Good luck!!! Let me know how it goes!! All I can consume right now are cheese enchiladas and captn crunch cereal. Totally healthy right.? Love you!!

Stacie said...

Sounds like an interesting cleanse. Be careful with the at home colon rinses; they can cause potential problems according to my gi doc. I can say that eating healthy is so hard! But if you eat 5-10 servings of fruits/vegs a day it will totally make you feel so much healthier. On top of that try to eat red meat sparingly (like 1-2 a month). Fish and chicken are your best choices for meats... but you don't need meat at every meal. Take in milk products sparingly too. This is just some general tips from my exercise science major. You will feel so much healthier if you eat right and oftentimes it will help reduce your headaches.