May 30, 2011

My...Husband?

My husband is cooking for me right now :) Guess what he's making? Chinese food. Mmhmmm. Can't wait!
It's been a while, what's up blog people? Due to the lack of internet and free time, I am officially the last of the ladies married on May 7th to update ya'll.
Well Jon and I are married, as you know. We're lovin it! The wedding went as smoothly as I think it could have...beautiful weather, wonderful people, happiness, eternal promises, love, etc. Our families and friends were so helpful getting everything prepared. Thank you! It was just how I imagined it.
After the fun reception we left and stayed at the Marriott {one of the many, we went to the wrong one at first haha}. The next day was Mother's Day. We were able to go to Jord's homecoming, open our presents, and see our 3 wonderful moms. I hope they were able to feel at least a little bit special during such a crazy time. We love our moms, thank you for all you do!
We stayed at the Marriott one more night, then on Monday headed to the airport to fly to Longbeach! Yep, we were goin on a cruise.
Ze' Boat
The cruise went to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico. Here are some pictures:
 In Catalina:
This is the Avalon Theater, where the Beatles performed. Now they play movies there. Pretty cooool. 
Jon looking at some gross-but-cool looking crabs
Back to the boat for "formal" dinner night.
The next day we arrived in Ensenada, Mexico:
We held a tiger, we held a tiger, we held a tiger HEY HEY HEY HEY.
Our Mexican souvenirs. No, my legs didn't get much more tan than that...
 Sleepily riding the bus to La Boufadora (not sure how to spell)
 Blow hole!
 Pretty awesome.
The flee market on the way to the blow hole. 
There were some really pushy sellers. We didn't buy anything but a bracelet from a very kind little old man that was just sitting on a chair on the side of the road who seemed to be missing an eye and a lot of teeth. It broke my heart how little he had.  Other than that we ate some amazing tacos and churros. I'd go back to Mexico just for those.
Back on the boat :) 
That night we went to "The Dating Game." It was a battle between newlyweds, middle age marrieds {?}, and a couple who had been married for a loooong time. They were cute. 
 Waiting for our last dinner on the boat. Did I mention we got "bottomless bubbles"? Unlimited glasses of soda anytime of day. Fastest way to gain weight! :)
 Our awesome waitors, Roy and Ninja.
 I love him.
Myspace? 
Next stop, San Diego!
On our way there we stopped at the Newport Temple:

 and In-n-Out
The Feller condo we were able to stay in. It was lovely.
Shoppinnng. {we did good on not spending money on anything but food}
We went on a fun bike ride: 
 Jack and Margo's snazzy phat bikes.
 We saw some superheros along the way.
The beautiful San Diego Temple. It was amazing!
 A little walk along the beach.
Looks like fun!
It was so great to relax, just me and Jon, my...husband! It's still so weird to say :)
We got home 2 weeks ago and jumped right back into work. The only days I've had off are the past two Sundays, so I've still got a lot of catching up to do! I can't even imagine when I'll get the thank you's started...yikes.
I'm so happy to be where I am now. Married to my best friend. Having so much fun and learning something new everyday. Thank you everyone who helped us get our life together started! We love you.

And now.
The funniest picture you will ever see. {Well maybe not, but I just can't believe I'm showing it...}
Hello, Oompa Loompa and Mrs. Ape.

Have a good week!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

hahah ash i love the myspace picture comment. so great. i'm glad you had fun! it looks like an awesome trip. love you guys

Heidi said...

Haha that picture is classic. Love you! Thanks for posting pictures! Glad you had so much fun. Miss you!

Danielle Ycmat said...

You lovebirds are TOO DANG CUTE!!! So happy to see you so happy. I love you, Ash :).

Aubrey said...

What a fun honeymoon! There's nothing like being newlyweds. Love you!