May 4, 2011

Pants on Fire

Liar, liar. I'm posting again. Twice in one day.
I really shouldn't have this much time on my hands! 
So in the past month or so, I've locked my keys in my car 3 or 4 times. The first time I was at Jon's {sister's/bro's} house, luckily, so I was able to sleep there until morning and we could go find my spare.
Well today Dave, the bro, saved my world once again. 
You see...after work at the dental office I was rushing to get things done so I could get out of Logan. I NEEDED to run to Tj Maxx and give them my summer availability, since they have had no idea when I'll be able to actually work after the wedding/honeymoon. NE-WAY, I locked my keys in Turk {my car} because I texted someone as soon as I parked, lost my train of thought, locked my door, stepped on the pavement, shut the door, "Crap.", looked in the window.
My USU Aggies lanyard was hanging proudly from the ignition. 
Again, Crap.
Jon was babysitting Dave and Mindi's kiddos. So who do I call? Dave. He picked me up, took me to our new apartment...where I realized my HOUSE KEY IS WITH MY CAR KEY. Found out the front window wasn't even locked, so I broke into my own apartment in about 23 seconds. THAT'S not scary at all. 
Anyway, long story {not so} short, Turk and I have reunited. My apartment looks like it was robbed with all the stuff I poored out of boxes in search of my spare. Jon finished babysitting. Dave lost 20 minutes of good errand time. And my summer availability for the Maxx is in. 
I think I am losing my mind. 
Moving on. About 20 minutes ago I was facebook stalking myself. Hopefully I'm not the only one who does that. It's okay, admit it, you stalk yourself too.
Anyway, whilst doing some stalk-age, I realized that I am having an out-of-body experience. Is that really me marrying my high school sweetheart? That just doesn't happen. Is that really me who went through the temple last weekend? I've always wanted to do that. Is that really me who has experienced 3 years of college and have not-so-much to show for it other than a little bit more social skills and maturity? Ain't that sad. And am I really that girl who will have her life totally changed in 2 days? Yeah. That's me.
I seriously cannot even fathom it. 
I, like many who have gone before me, suddenly feel like I'm not prepared for this big change. I just need to remember the past 7 years of my life, when I kept saying to myself "I just want to grow up and get married!" 
Well Ash, here ya go! 
excited. anxious. nervous. ready. not ready. tired. hyper. thoughtFULL. unknowing. 
This will be fun :) 
I won't see Jon until the night before. Oh boy, can we go a full day without seeing each other? 
Good luck on your final, Captain. You'll kill it!
We're getting married. Holy...
Today was my last day as an official "Roundhouse Girl." I've lived with Hannah and Valerie for 2 years. They've become my sista's and it will be so weird not spending literally every waking moment with them. Han is getting married in June and Val is moving to New York for an Interior Design internship all summer. 
They rock.

Thanks for being such a blessing in my life, ladies! 
Can't wait for you to be part of the Feller wedding this weekend.

Ps have you ever scratched your skin so hard that you bruise?

1 comment:

Mollie Rose Herrey said...

Ashley you are so cute!! You're such a talented writer! I was blog-stalking Kamille (who is my old roommate) when I came across yours. I love reading your blog!