Dec 23, 2011

We be Trippin'

Jon and I took a quick {seriously!} trip over to California for one of his mission buddy's wedding. The temple, luncheon, and reception were beautiful! I love Cali, but HATE the roads! Seriously, most confusing highways I've ever experienced...lucky for us we have a gps on our phone, we'd probably still be trying to find our way back if it wasn't for that! 
After 24 (out of 72) hours in the car,  1594 miles across 4 states, 8 movies, 
and a pretty yucky hotel, we're happy to be home :)
and I'm thinking we'll wait a little while before taking another road trip.
 We took advantage of one of their Christmas trees.
The happy couple. Mr.&Mrs. Bassett. Congrats!
The LA temple was all lit up, almost as great as the SLC temple.
We walked around for a minute after the wedding, and I was kinda shocked how cold it was outside!
{Duh Me, it is December after all}
We tried getting the Angel Moroni in the picture with us...the bottom right is what we got.
I wish I would have taken more pictures of the reception, I just felt like I would look a weirdo since I knew nobody but my husband.
A bit awkward...
Anyway, it was themed around the 50's! the colors were fun, the candy was old fashioned, her bridesmaids were decked out...I loved it. I love weddings :)
Jonny and I had our Christmas with just the two of us today, since this weekend will be quite crazy! Boy oh boy did we spoil each other. It has been such a great relaxing day, thanks for everything babayyy!
Merry Christmas, everyone. I hope this season has been great for you, and hope we can all keep the spirit that is felt this time of year ALL year long. I'm so grateful for the gift of Christ, our Savior. This next year I will do all I can to come closer to Him, and dedicate myself more in service for others.

4 comments:

Sister Kamille Amy Clifford said...

holy crap your hair is so long!

Aubrey said...

I was going to say the same thing...your hair is long! Love weddings too. And the LA Temple is beautiful. Miss you.

Heidi said...

Sounds like fun! What did you get for Christmas?

Nick and Brittany said...

Fun!!!