Dec 8, 2011

Today was Good.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually my least favorite days when it comes to school. I go to campus at 7, and don't get done with classes until 3. By then I am definitely starving and my eyes are droopy. I start out with my jogging class, where I get all sweaty and stuff. Yum. Then I hurry to my 3 hour sewing class. I may have said this before, but if you ever want to lose some self-esteem {who would?} take an advanced sewing class with a bunch of girls in your same major who dominate! I purposely pick projects to do that are easier than all the others because I know if I even tried to attempt what they do, I would fail! I've only had two days this semester where I've actually cried in that class, but that's just embarrassing enough! It kinda stinks when all the girls are talking to each other, saying "how cute!" everyone's projects are, and I hear nothing. {don't worry, I've thrown myself a pity party or two} But I must say, I'm happy with my work! My teacher is so sweet and kind and helpful, this was her last semester teaching sewing as she'll be retiring. She definitely deserves a long and relaxing retirement! {Thanks, Lu!}
ANYWAY! After sewing class is over, I actually stay in the lab an extra hour and a half trying to catch up. Then I head to Preschool Methods, probably one of the most pointless classes for my major {I'm going to teach high schoolers...not preschoolers!} But as I've listened to the lectures I've taken them more as how to parent toddlers. haha :) For a month we've been working on our lesson plans, INTENSE STUFF right there!
By the time those days are over I'm pooped. And I usually head into work at 5. Yikes!
Well today was a different Thursday. Jon didn't have work, so I rode with him to class (he has a 7 o'clock class too) in his car that he got all warmed up. He got me a poptart to get through my classes {super healthy, huh?} Then when class got out he was waiting for me right outside the building. No walking across campus for me!
Laziness.
I came home to the best surprise! a suuuper clean house. Yes! I haven't had time to clean for a few weeks, and it was starting to get pretty bad...Thanks Jono! I love you!
I didn't have work tonight, so a nap was taken, a Christmas movie is being watched, and my stinky feet are being rubbed. Lucky is my nickname..how fitting.
Now if I could just focus on my final projects and study a bit for finals next week!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I think I'd cry along with you in advanced sewing! I'm proud of you for hanging in there. What a sweet hubby you have. Nothing feels more relaxing than coming home to a clean home. Miss you so much!!!

Heidi said...

Haha I love the way you write. It sounds like you needed a day to relax. You're almost done with another semester!