Oct 13, 2011

Ceeelebration Time, Come on!

We decided last night that we LOVE the placement of our birthdays. It's lots of fun to have them 2 weeks apart, and there aren't any other Holidays too close. Being "newlyweds", money is tight. You all know what I mean, right? Well somehow we managed to OVER-spoil each other this year. I don't know, maybe we were just so excited to celebrate our birthdays together once again! {since we had 2 years of them apart...} My bday was Sept 26th. I had class and work, and came home to a lovely surprise from my hubby. He was sitting by the door waiting for me with flowers, chocolate {awww...;)} and SICK a gift! {mmhmm, sick!}
Theeese bad boys! I've been in need of new running shoes for about 3 years, so I'm simply in love.
Jono had to go to a lab for a couple of hours after that, so I had the pleasure of going out for frozen yogurt with my lovely friend Val. She surprised me with a cute striped shirt {love my stripes!} and some goodies that I so dearly love {coca cola, orange candy slices, etc} Thanks ValPal!
Earlier I had told Jon I might want to go to a movie, mainly because I wanted their popcorn and fountain coca cola. Mmm. Guess what he did? Brought the movies to our home!
Thanks baby boy! I'm thinkin' this will be how I'll want to celebrate every year :)
Jame and Jord even stopped by, even though they were feeling sick. It was so nice of them, they brought us brownies :) All time favorite.
It was so fun hearing from and seeing lots of family and friends.
Thanks you guys! I love you!
The Wednesday following my 22nd, Jon surprised me once more with a trip down to Salt Lake to see Miss Taylor Swift! We had such a blast. We definitely looked a little out of place amidst all the little girlies and their moms, but don't worry..we still sang ;)
HAWT. he's the best!
 Thanks JonnyB!
 You are the best thing that's ever been Miiine! {too cliche?}
 She was wonderful
Thank you so much for making my birthday so special, Captain!

We also got to celebrate with our families the Sunday's before and after. My mom hosted a party with steaks and taco salad-the foods of my soul! It was so fun to spend time with mom, Britt, Nick, little Ave, Ty, and Jon. I missed Tia a lot, and hope she is doing okay.
We all kind of failed at taking pictures, but I did happen to get one of the cake.
These are the earrings Avery gave me. I was graced with some shoes, some jewelry, and mula to get ma' hair done.
Thanks you guys for thinking of me, you are the bombs.com!

Jon's family holds a monthly birthday celebration, because there are SO many peeps in the fam it would probably be close to impossible to celebrate each and every one individually. We got together with all the siblings that live in Utah and had a yummy dinner and dessert over conference weekend. Jon and I got Target giftcards, holla! I love Target. I little tooo much!
Thank you for being so good to us, we love you!

We also were able to stop by my dad and Dee dee's home before heading back to Logania. I received an Itunes giftcard AND and Outback steakhouse card as well! Thank you! And for Jon's bday they got him a desk for his music equipment {he doesn't know yet, so luckliy he doesn't really read this blog.}So awesome!
It was really good to see all of our family in such a short time. We are blessed!

This past Sunday we got to hang out with Mindi and Dave. We love having them up here in Logan! after their cute girls were all in bed, we painted a pumpkin that was going to be entered into a contest between all the dental offices here in Cache Valley. Check it out!:
It's Jack Skelington with braces! It took a while to make, but we had fun. And cookies :) Dave and Mindi also gave us bday giftcards to Buckle and Pacsun. Oh yeeeah! Thanks Gordons!

Yes, we were spoiled. What the heck? I thought getting married was the death of birthday gifts!

Ok so in my last post I mentioned that it was Jon's birthday. Well about a week ago Jon said he thought he knew what his present was {my bad for having it wrapped up on the living room floor}. He guessed right on, so I tried "lying" and said 'Nope! Guess again...' But I had this huge grin on my face so it was way obvious I was lying. He fell for it, but I let him open it anyway, haha.
Its-aWii! He's been saying how we should get one since day one of our marriage {kind of..} So I impulsively {oops!} got him one! I think it was worth it, he's spent some time playing on it already. Weee!
So this Tuesday, his day of birth, he had work and class til 8. I met him afterward for some grub at Texas Roadhouse, one of our favorites.
Then we went home and Jon opened the last of his gifts. He pretty much already knew what it was...
But thanks for acting semi-surprised :) It's a microphone! Now he can record all of his new stuff, which I'm hoping I can share with you guys one day.
After all the rolls and steak from Roadhouse we were a little too stuffed to eat any cake, so we just had some of Jon's favorite drink.
It's Sprite with lemons and limes squeezed into it! You should try.
So-fresh-and-so-gooood! ;)
We watched the movie Hanna. Have you seen it? Kind of odd...yet good...
not so sure how we feel about it.
The next day, guess what we did? We ate cake!
Haha, he's such a nerd sometimes :) I love it.

I can't wait to celebrate birthdays each year and create traditions for our little family. I love Jon more and more each day, he is such a beautiful person inside and out. I love our history and the fact that we get to create our future together. It's so fun being young and in love.
I think it will always feel like this :)

Well, time to go to bed and prepare for school and work tomorrow. The routine ;)
Sweet dreams!
PS- if you learned anything from this...was it that we love steak??

3 comments:

Lizzle said...

This is such a cute blog! I want to be in love like you someday :)

Aubrey said...

It sounds like all you do is party up there! Birthdays should be special, especially when you're an adult to make you feel better for getting older. :) You're a cute couple. Love your earrings too.

Heidi said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish we could have celebrated your birthdays with you. You were spoiled! Enjoy it! :-)