Mar 13, 2013

the little feller so far

Hey guess what? I total stranger asked me if I was pregnant today. I said, "Lucky for you, I am!" I wanted to give her a high five or something, because all I've been hearing is 'when are you going to look pregnant?' and 'are you sure there's a baby in there?'
My response? "You should see me when I'm naked!"
ha... that would never happen.
So here we are at 23 weeks! It's crazy to watch my belly grow. 
I'm grateful it's growing mainly because there is a little human in there and not entirely because I'm loving my coca cola a little much. 
I started feeling the little feller move around 16 weeks. At first it mostly felt little pokes all around my lower belly, but turned into stronger pokes and ROLLING around 18 weeks. 
Jon started to be able to feel the little movements around 19 weeks, but the babe likes to act like a statue as soon as one of our hands tries to feel him. 
The past couple of weeks I have been getting really sharp pains in my right upper back. Seriously? I was expecting my lower back to hurt but definitely not this. My dr said as long as my breathing is still normal, we're good! She also said working on my posture may help...I was slouching pretty badly when she gave me this tip :] 
Little does she know slouching actually lightens the stabbing pain momentarily! 
BUT I have to continually remind myself how lucky I have been in this pregnancy. I was basically just nauseous through the first trimester with very little {vomiting} and the week we entered the second trimester the nausea subsided! Hallelujah.
For the past ten weeks I've pretty much just been reeaallyy tired and on edge {mood wise} and I get heartburn at random times.
I'll take that over feeling like I'm on a roller coaster anyday! I don't think my hubby or employees would totally agree... sorry guys :/
We can't wait to meet him! It's crazy to think we only have 4 months to go. 
I wonder if this time will go fast? 
Hmm... probably not! 

Oh by the way. Jon is becoming an AMAZING foot masseuse. I am so lucky :)

Mothers, any tips on good leg exercises/movements to reduce cramping and swelling? 
Any of you experienced this sharp upper back pain? I'm assuming it's my ribs expanding... since that seems to be the case with the rest of my bod!
Is it normal to feel the babe move lots and lots for a few weeks, then just little bits here and there the next?
I just started going on walks 3-4 times a week {we are still in week one, ha}. Would it be okay to work up to a slow jog? Or is it smarter to just walk? 


4 comments:

Jennie Newbold said...

Ash! I am loving reading this stuff :) you are the cutest! What a cute little boy you're going to have! I have been jogging the last few weeks and it helps me feel so good-I just have to make sure my heart rate doesn't go over 140 (I guess that after 140bpm your internal temperature will increase and that's not good for the baby) but I'd say jog for sure once you feel comfortable! I seriously sleep so much better and have more energy and am less moody if I jog a few times a week. LOVE YOU!!

Kelsey Cole said...

You should try a pre-natal yoga class! They usually teach you some leg stretches that help relieve cramping/swelling and sciatica pain. Plus the class is just heavenly and relaxing :) - I go to it sometimes and I'm not even pregnant yet! If you are ever in the provo area on a saturday you should come try it at 3B yoga in the riverwoods. My friend teaches the pre-natal there (11:15am) and she is AMAZING.

p.s. So happy for you and jon! You two will be such cute parents and baby boy will be beautiful!

Stacie said...

I had a lot of pain in different areas when I was pregnant with Conner and my doctor always ordered an ultrasound to check out my organs in those areas. It turned out I had organs in places they should NOT be, like one of my ovaries was completely missing and no one could find it anywhere, and my spleen was causing me a lot of pain because it was not in the right spot and because Conner was always pressing on it (my tummy was always lopsided with him). Anyways, if the pain persists, I would keep bringing it up, because sometimes it is something. Exercise is great while you are pregnant! Some people jog while pregnant, but you shouldn't increase your activity level too much over what you were doing when you got pregnant. Yoga is great and walking. We are so excited for you!

Aubrey said...

Ash, you have such a great sense of humor! I love reading your blog. Always good for a laugh. Pregnancy has a funny way of making your body change shape in strange ways, and give you weird pains. I agree with the stretching and yoga. I would also recommend "cat/cow" stretches every morning and night (call me if you don't know what I'm talking about), especially as your belly grows. Are you going to post some belly pics soon? :)