Oct 7, 2012

MIA

I swear I haven't died or anything, just busier than I thought possible.
All I have to say today...was I as unreliable as a teenager as most of the ones I happen to have hired?
Today when five o'clock rolled around I was planning on going to my in-laws to hang out and possibly make donuts. To my surprise I learned I'd be closing.
Yay for 16 hour shifts! I've done too many in my day..or in the last 4 months.
I'm seriously trying to look on the brighter side about these silly work problems, but there doesn't seem to be another side.
How do you guys keep your cool? Maybe management isn't for me?
Where can I possibly find employees that won't complain about every Little thing, or get sick two hours before their shift every other week?
I'm just grateful I have two employees (besides my hubby and sis in law) that I can count on, and no they are not my little brothers.
Tomorrow will be better. For now, I think I'll sleep for 16 hours.
Ps wow you could can call me Nancy, Negative Nancy.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Sorry about this! I don't know what to tell you. You need to hire older people, I think most teenagers (especially boys) will be unreliable and irresponsible like you have seen. Good luck!

j.lee said...

You're too nice, and you say that you'll cover. Beast up Ash. BEAST UP!

Heidi said...

Yeah I talked to Ty and he said tell those employees that you will fire them if they keep calling in last minute and not coming to work. And when they keep doing it fire them! Ty said you are too nice. Just as Jamie said...Beast up!

Aubrey said...

Amen to Heidi, Ty, and Jamie. Managing a business is hard work. Keep your chin up!