Feb 12, 2012

take me to the sun!

Well, this week has finally come.
On Thursday we're headed to Cancun with the Feller Family!
Jon's parents give their children an adult vacation
each year for Christmas.{we are adults, ya know!}
Basically...we're really excited.
And fearful these next three days will feel really long.
Also...my skin hasn't seen the sun in months.
So Cancunians, prepare to be blinded!
(not so sure Cancunians is even a word. oh well)
This new year has been quite good so far.
We've been lucky enough to see our good
friends at least twice in the past month, which sadly... is rare!
Thank you, Karin and Emily for being prego.
(baby showers are what have brought us togetha.)
I was good and brought my camera to Karin's baby shower,
but not Em's.

















You may be wondering why MEN were at the baby shower??
Well, these were taken after all the baby stuff went down,
and the boys were just down the stairs watching a movie,
so they joined us for dessert.
Also pictured above is a few of us at Mike's mission homecoming!
I met Mike and the rest of these wonderful people
(missing Josh in the pic) my freshman year
here at Utah State, and they are some of my best friends.
I'm so grateful we all lived in the
same dorm, or I would've probably left USU and never looked back
3 years ago!
Val has been my roomie up until marriage, and we're still going strong!
{friendship wise. :)} she is so great.
All of us have been able to get together a few times since Mike has gotten home, since we're all here in Logan.  Love you guys!
Last night Jon and I went to dinner to celebrate Valentine's a little early.





 Here we are standing in front of 1 of the 3 little decorations I put together for love month.
Yeah...they're not that great, so I think I'll spare pics of the others ;)









We went to Firehouse pizza, pretty much just for the Fh'zookies
{or however you spell it...}
It was packed! But somehow we were seated and fed pretty quickly.
I wish I would've taken some pictures, but I thought I would feel silly
amongst all the other pizza eaters...
Maybe next time.
I made a goal to take more pictures. Would you agree that I'm failing so far?
 
Anyway.

I am looking forward to this next week, it will be so awesome to get away for a little bit!
Cross your fingers that Jon won't fall too far behind in his classes...we'll see if he actually does
some homework while we're laying on the beach ;)

4 comments:

Courtney Ann said...

Ash- i love reading your blog. i love how you write! i am so jealous you are going to cancun... that's where we went on our honeymoon and it was so much fun! have a blast!!

Nick and Brittany said...

Jealous!!! Get some sun for me and take mucho pictures! Love you!!

Aubrey said...

Sounds fun! I've never been to Cancun, but it's definitely on the list. Come back brown. :) And baby showers are the best. Cute little baby clothes.

Emily said...

Lucky I wish I could go somewhere tropical! Have fun! It really has been nice seeing you so much, hopefully by the end of the summer this once a month stuff will change!