Jul 22, 2011

Loner.

I got off work at ten tonight, just like every other Friday night. I got home, went to the bathroom {tmi?}, got a drink, turned on the air, washed my face, put on the pj's, climbed into my empty bed, all by myself, for the first of two nights. Umm...this is weird! I won't see my Feller for 2 days {he's at a family reunion. The Maxx wouldn't allow me to go}. I feel like a little lost puppy. I can't really think of a day that I didn't see him from the time he got home from the land down unda' in December. Some people have told me it's gonna be awesome to have my own bed, a quiet house, no one to worry about. We will see how it goes, but I'm pretty sure it won't be all fun and games not having the love of my life with me almost 24/7, to tickle my back til I fall asleep, to help me get out of bed because I am the worst morning person ever {Britt, can you concur?}, to help me decide what to wear {even though I end up with a completely different outfit than the contenders}, to tell me how much he loves me and make me feel like a million bucks. I told Jon when he got home from the mish that he better NEVER leave me again, I just can't handle it.
Oh boy, I'm a wreck!
Just playin' ;) I'll be fine! But to be completely honest...I had to check all the closets and under the bed before getting too comfortable. Our house is freaky when you're all alone! If I don't blog within the next.....month, something happened to me and I need you to help me out. Thanks :)
So you know my last post about going to Bear lake with Jon's fam? Well I forgot to mention a moment that we will never forget. {Prepare to be shocked.} There were 10 or so of us playing ultimate football in the shallow part of the lake at North Beach. We were having a grand ol' time and I was dying of exhaustion from running in the water. {Have YOU tried it? good workout.} Anyway, we had been playing for about 2 hours then decided to wrap it up. Our team was 2 points away from winning. Someone that wasn't me threw the ball to me and I passed it to Jon. Holla! One point to go! My cute husband comes to me to "pound it" with his ringless left hand. We pounded and laughed, then I said "where's your ring?" He got all freaked out. I thought he was joking. You guys...he wasn't joking! {so- are you shocked?} I said "well...we're one point away if everyone wants to just finish the game" trying to not make it a huge deal that we had only been married two months and we already lost his ring. Everyone was so sweet, we got in a big line, got on our hands and knees and searched for 30 minutes or so. No ring. I feel so bad I didn't remind him to take off his ring :( Good thing is, it's only a thing. We can't lose each other and a ring just isn't something that would come between us. Yes, it was a large sum of money that would take close-to a month's worth of my savings to buy again, but is that a huge deal? Hey, it could've been worse! Can you imagine if I lost MY ring?? Oh that shall never happen!
 The riiiiiiing
Anyway. We're in search of affordable nice rings so send your tips this way! Sank-yooou!
We are having a Harry Potter marathon with Dave and Mindi {and whoever else joins us each night}. It has been so fun! We've watched the first three this week, will hopefully see the next 3 this coming week and soon- HP7.5. My childhood actually won't be ending like everybody on facebook's has, but I can pretend :)
Elder Bradon Burningham got home from serving a full time mission in Florida yesterday! It was so fun and weird to see him. It was probably even more weird for him to see Fell and I, married. {Sorry you missed the wedding, buddy!} Wow, Tycen...stay strong sir, you've only got til October {I think}. Then all the boys will be reunited :) cute.
Can't wait for next weekend! I will finally have some days off and Jon & I get to go boating, possibly camping, to a wedding and farewell, and we get to see family! I feel like whenever we make it out of Logan we are like little chickens with our heads cut off trying to squeeze everything into 2 or 3 days. And it is just impossible. So we have some plans made for Friday-Sunday, and hopefully will get to go camping {just us!} Monday-Tuesday {or Weds if I don't end up covering a shift}.
I love being married to Jonny Boy. He is the best thing that ever happened to me. Sometimes I just stand there and smile as I think about the fact that we made it, through all the small doubts or non-support or worries, we made it. And I am so grateful.
My apologies for the long post.

3 comments:

Chels said...

Ash, what kind of metal was Jon's ring? We sell Titanium for about $60 or Tungsten for $100 at Silver Loft where I work.

ashnicole said...

It was Tungsten. Um...that's great! We will probably have to stop by when we're down :) Thank Chels!

Monica said...

E-BAY!! That is where we got Philip's ring. It is freaking sweet. It's tungsten with a wood inlay. Anywho, ebay rocks for purchasing the nuptial bands. =)