Jul 12, 2011

L 8 lee

This fourth of July honestly just came and went. Which is sad because it is one of my favorites! Free eye candy {fireworks} all over the country. BBQs, family time, boating {usually}, and the fact that weather is usually decent around this time...I love this time of year!
Every time the Feller and I make it down to Salt lake, our weekends are JAM PACKED. Seriously. There seems to be something planned every hour. We don't even get to see most of our lovelies down there. We miss you guys! Plan something and let us know so we can come and see you!
On Saturday we went boating for an hour and a half {no joke} with my dad, Dee dee, Paul and Houst. Heidi and Ty got there as we were leaving, so we only got to see them in passing. Lame! We then headed to Bounty-land to shower and get ready forrrrrr the Stadium of Fire with Jono's family. We first went to dinner in Provo at the Brick Oven. We got there at 5:15 and were seated at 7:15. Just a little bit ridiculous in my opinion. Dinner was delicious and probably contributed to some weight gain {boooo}. The Stadium of Fire was fantastic! We saw Archie {David Archuleta} and Brad Paisley {amazing!}. The fireworks were the bomb. Have they always been in-synch {haha NSYNC} with the music and I just never noticed that one time I went a couple years ago? Awesome.


You can't tell too much in this pic, but we were quite fried from our 90 minutes in the sun. Holla!
On Sunday we went to a homecoming {welcome home Tyler!}, church, visited with Aub and Seth who are leaving me and moving to Arizona SO soon {sad/happy for them}, went to the Feller's for a BBQ, played games, then went to bed at 11 {because someone named Jon has a grouchy wife when she's tired. good luck with kids, Ash!}. Seriously, I feel like an old woman. I'm lookin at the clock right now, it's 11:04.
 I better wrap this up.
On Monday we woke up early for a 4th of July breakfast with Jon's home ward. He was a stud and got up at 5:30 to help his papa set it up. When I walked him to the door I said "I'm not going!" See. Groooouuuchy. 2 1/2 hours later I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed {not} and went with his mom and sis. It was delicious and Feller Sr. gave a great little speech and we sang a couple songs to the raised flag.
Guess what we did after? Took a two hour nap. Something has GOTTA be wrong! thyroid, maybe?
Later we went to another BBQ and swimming at grandpa Fellers with some cousins and Jon's parents and sis Jess. It was lots of fun. We stayed for about an hour then rushed home to get ready for dinner/Cars2!
Dinner and Cars2 were great. We then rushed {as always} to Farmington to meet up with Karin and Ben for the fireworks at Davis High. They were awesome! We had lots of fun with those 2, and we even got a glimpse of Jame and Jord at one of the stands! {Those funnel cakes were phenomenal you guys. PS I can't wait for your wedding!} We then rushed {jk} back up to Logan for work the next morn.
Ok this post is LONG! But here's a long-story-short.
We worked for 2 days then headed up to Bear Lake for the Feller Family Reunion. We all stayed in the awesome cabin {did I take pictures? no. I'm lame.}. We boated basically everyday, went to the beach 3 times, were hit by a massive sand storm and had crying babies one of those times {I felt like I was in the Mummy or something}, ate tons of food, played loads of games, got super sun burnt, went to the Pickleville Playhouse and saw Joseph...you gotta go! Had some questionably famous raspberry shakes, and so on. It was so great to finally have 5 days in a row with no work, just fun-sun-and fam.
Thank you, Feller's!
We got home on Sunday, still need to finish unpacking and go grocery shopping! But before we do so, if you guys are seriously reading this far you are CHAMPS in my eyes! I'm looking for a healthy little diet to go on. No, nothing drastic. It's just a little hard to eat healthy and cheap when you are constantly on the go and are only home one night a week to actually cook for the hubby. So... sadly fast food is all we've got sometimes. Any suggestions? I mean EASY meals, fruit diets, cereal diets {haha}, anything! We've gotta get away from these dollar menus!What have you newlyweds done to keep your figure, cause mine is a-fading!
Ok. 11:20. Past my bedtime.

6 comments:

Melissa Smith said...

walking+running+hiking with Adi. Good luck finding something to fit your schedule. That was my serious problem the first ten months...maybe try some work out movies? like a zumba movie. Everyone raves about Zumba but there's no way I'm spending 25$ per month on gym fees.

Kesley said...

I've really been focusing on eating healthy and miraculously found a way to squeeze excercise time into my day (crossed fingers) but as for the eating healthy part on the go here's what I try to do. I am gone from 8am to about 8pm most days so the night before I pack a lunch and dinner/snack to tide me over until I get home for a real dinner. I eat something quick on the way to work like whole grain toast and carnation instant breakfast. For lunch and a pre-dinner snack I pack a few of the following: 100% applesauce (no added sugar), 100 calorie chocolate pudding (I cannot not have chocolate lol), apples, berries, bananas, carrots, sugar snap peas, granola, yogurt, beef jerky, light string cheese, mangos, peanut butter sandwich, turkey/cheese sandwich, almonds etc. They're all super portable and as long as you shop smart you can shop cheap (and I get a lot of it packed individually, like applesauce cups, etc so its quick to throw a lunch and snack together in a rush). Just make sure that you are getting enough protein so you stay fuller longer (i'm still getting the hang of that) :) Then for dinner I'll have a salad or chicken, etc. Also, buying a rotisserie chicken at walmart and shredding it makes it way easy to eat and vary for salads, soups, sandwiches, pasta etc). That was a long comment lol but I know how frustrating it is to find stuff that is healthy but still satisfies you! Love you Ash! PS your header picture is beautiful I can't believe the flowers lol

Emily said...

Maybe your so tired cause there's a mini feller growing inside of you? :) I will wish!! and not to brag but I am queen of EASY and delicious dinners, seriously if the recipe has over six ingredients I skip it, if you want I can email you some? I just did it for my cousin but i'm still going through a lot of them, let me know! Love and miss you guys!!

ashnicole said...

Hey girls, thanks for the comments! I definitely need to fit exercise in, even if it's like 20 minutes a day. Gotta do it! And Kes, that sounds intense but I'm sure it's great! The flowers that day were so pretty, it was nuts. And Em, I'd LOVE some awesome recipes!

Monica said...

Ash you are ADORABLE! I would love to see you one of these days when you are in town????? I miss you. SO, have you heard of bountiful basket? It's only $15 and you get A TON of fruit and veggies. You never know what you're goint to get which keeps it quite exciting. For some reason being married makes it harder to lose the poundage that is caused by being murried. Anwhoo there is my two cents. Holler when you are in b town.

Aubrey said...

Costco frozen fruit makes for great smoothies and it's a good dinner if you're not feeling super hungry but want something light and healthy. And of course there's always the pineapple diet! :) But it's not cheap so that's not an option.

I ran four miles in the Provo Canyon tonight. Thought of you and our half last summer. Miss you. Keep running!