Jun 21, 2012

I'm hungry and I know it

What time is it? 5:30 am.
Why have I been awake for the past hour? I have no idea!
Am I super annoyed about it? You. Know. It.

The past few nights {more like weeks} I haven't been able to sleep very well. I'm kind of {really} irritated about it because I seriously cherish my sleep! Like the other night...I was exhausted and ready for bed by ten, which rarely happens, so I tried going to sleep and it took at least an hour to get my mind clear enough to doze off. And then there's today. For no reason at all I shot awake at 4:20 and haven't been able to fall back asleep. I thought maybe I had a text or missed call? Nothing. I needed to go to the bathroom...That didn't solve the problem. Then my mind starts racing about work and the employees and scheduling and "is Jon ok" and "I'm kinda hungry" and "this is so annoying"...
So after over an hour of trying I decided it was pointless since my Feller will be calling in an hour to say good morning {yay!}
He's doing well, by the way. Just missing me a ton ;)
I told myself I wasn't going to sleep in past 8:00 very much this summer because I don't want to be lazy and waste my mornings away. But it isn't really paying off..what a bummer.

What helps you get your mind clear enough to get some goooood shut eye?

ps. 12 days until I'm reunited with my better looking half for a week. can't wait. 

4 comments:

B said...

I am the worst sleeper too! And there is nothing I love more than sleep! What is worse my husband can always sleep. I hate him it! So jealous!

Ben and Karin said...

I hate those nights, sounds cheesy... but I always say a prayer. Works everytime ;)

Aubrey said...

I have the same problem. My mind is always racing and I can't seem to fall asleep even though I'm exhausted or I wake up in the night thinking like six different things at the same time. Three things help me. 1. I read a book. Gets my mind off all the other stuff and helps me fall back asleep. And if I don't, at least I did something productive. 2. Deep breathing, like in yoga. 3. I have a basket on my night stand. It's a Native American cultural item. You mentally put all your thoughts and worries into the basket and put the lid back on. It's supposed to help you clear your mind. Good luck!!!

Whim Wham Life said...

ugh. this is soooo me. my husband can literally fall asleep within 2 minutes, and I toss and turn to no end. My mind always races:-) xoxo